Hey, y’all! We are nearly halfway through the year, which means we should be about halfway through our reading challenges. Kinda a scary, but exciting thought. I thought I’d take this chance to check in on everyone.
How is your reading goal coming? Are you behind? Ahead? Did you completely forget about it?
I set a bigger goal for myself this year than last year, but, thanks to quarantine, I’ve nearly met it. I’m going to do some re-evaluating and see what my new goal should be. If there’s anything, though, I’ve learned about setting goals, it’s this:
- The goal should stretch you, but not be unobtainable.
- Keep your goal somewhere where you can see it often or else you’ll forget (this very much applies to me).
- Share your goal with others so they can keep you accountable.
- It’s okay to change your goal!
- Celebrate small goals on your way to your end goal (this helps keep me motivated).
So I hope this was a good reminder to you to keep going! You’re doing great! Or a kick in the pants. Whichever you needed.
Great tips for all goals! I love reading but most of my reading right now is research for writing. I need to start a new fun reading list.
The Book View says
I understand that. It’s always a hard balance between work and play.